Wavy Hair Extension Care For Micro Bead LOX Skin Wefts
Micro Bead Wavy Hair Extension Care Process
- With the proper wavy hair extension care, LOX will last 4-6 months.
- Extensions can be applied in 1-2 hours.
- LOX Extensions must be lifted (pushed-up) every 4-8 weeks.
- Lifting service takes 15-45 minutes.
- Hair must be clean and dry before all LOX Services.
Wavy Hair Extension Care Made Easy With Tips From The Pros At LOX.
Follow Our Recommendations To Keep Your Hair Looking Healthy And Fabulous!
MICRO BEAD HAIR EXTENSION PRODUCTS
In order to maintain your LOX Extensions, it is essential that you sustain the moisture content of the Remy Human hair. Below are wavy hair extension care guidelines to help you keep your LOX hydrated and healthy. To maintain the highest quality, we recommend using professional products ONLY.
- Sulfate-Free shampoo: We recommend cleansing your hair extensions with gentle shampoo. Properties such as sulfate-free, hydrating, and/or color protecting are all suggested. Please avoid harsh shampoos, including those designed to treat sensitized or damaged hair.
- Moisturizing mask: We recommend a mask that can be used every time you wash your hair. The extensions do not absorb the natural oils produced by our scalp, so it is essential to infuse luster and moisture into the hair.
- Curl enhancing cream with heat protection: We recommend a nourishing cream to help protect the Remy Hair from daily aggressions of a blow dryer, flat iron, curling iron, or heat from the sun.
- Curl enhancing mousse or gel: We recommend mousse or gel to help activate, hold, nourish, and separate the curls. We recommend mousse or gel to help activate, hold, nourish, and separate the curls.
- LOX Loop Brush: To avoid matting, when brushing in between the wefts and micro bead hair extensions, it is essential that you use a LOX Loop Brush to avoid matting.
- LOX Hair Clips: These easy to use clips make it simple to clip up a lot of hair at once. Use them when blow drying or styling your hair.
MICRO BEAD WAVY HAIR EXTENSION CARE REGIMEN
- Washing The Wavy Remy Human Hair Extensions: Before shampooing, gently remove any tangles using our LOX Loop Brush. Avoid shampooing more than 2 – 3 times per week. The less they are washed, the longer human hair extensions will last. Apply gentle, sulfate-free shampoo. Keep the hair in its natural fall position while cleansing. Shampoo the hair in downward strokes, starting from the top of the extensions and working down towards the ends. Do not use circular or scrubbing motions. Rinse thoroughly; lifting each weft to and separating the micro beads to rinse shampoo properly. If shampoo residue is left in between the hair tracks, itching may occur.
- Apply the moisturizing mask. Avoid contact with the base of the extensions. This will cause slipping of the pre- bonded hair extensions. Condition the hair in downward strokes. Leave conditioner on for 3 – 5 minutes.
While the conditioner is in the hair, use the LOX Loop brush and work out all tangles. Start at the ends of the hair, and work up to the base. Use caution to not put any extra tension on the base, and secure your natural hair when detangling. The hair will not be brushed after this step so make sure the hair is free of all knots and tangles. Rinse thoroughly. Once a week, apply the conditioner as a mask, leaving it on the hair for 30 minutes. This will ensure proper hydration of your luxury hair extensions.
Blot hair dry with a towel; never scrub your human hair extensions. Never brush the extensions when they are wet. Remy Human hair is most fragile when it is wet. Avoid any extra tension on wet hair while brushing, air drying, or pulling the hair up past its natural fall.
Blow dry 50 – 70% of the moisture out of the extensions. Angle the blow dryer downward, in the natural direction of the hair’s cuticle. Water repels oil, and human hair behaves like a sponge. If it contains too much water, it cannot absorb styling products. By removing hair’s excess water, your professional product will perform better and hair will detangle easier.
- Applying Prodcuts:
Avoid contact with the base of the extensions. This will cause the beaded hair extensions to slip and/or slide. Apply curl enhancing cream (with heat protection). Apply curl-enhancing mousse or gel. Scrunch the product into the hair. Use a generous amount to compensate for the added length and volume.
- Styling The Extensions:
Let hair air dry for 15-20 minutes. You may use jaws LOX clips to enhance volume and curl during this time.
Flip your head upside down and diffuse the hair with high heat and low pressure. This will cut down on frizz and enhance curl. Put large amounts of hair in the diffuser, working it in small circular motions. When hair is 50% dry, you may reapply more product if necessary. Angle the blow dryer down toward the hair, and diffuse until 90-100% dry. Heat tools, including curling irons and flat irons may be used. Ceramic tools are best when to style Remy Hair, with a temperature dial set at 350 degrees or under. Keep heat tools approximately 1 inch from the base of the extensions.
MICRO BEAD WAVY HAIR EXTENSION CARE TIPS AND TRICKS
- Excessive contact with salt water or pool water is not recommended. Before swimming, apply a mask to the hair before swimming to protect the hair from over drying. Rinse and condition hair immediately after exiting the water in order to remove any residue.
- Moisture and heat will break down the silicone of the beaded hair extensions.
- Compliance with these guidelines, air temperatures/humidity, exercise habits, and the lifestyles extension wearers will factor into the longevity of your hair extensions.
- Avoid frequent hair washing. We recommend the use of a dry shampoo or volumizing powder to absorb excess oil in the natural hair.
- If you have hair extensions for thin hair, secure your LOX in a low loose ponytail before washing. Flip your head upside down in your sink or tub, and then gently cleanse your natural hair.
- Discoloration may occur when direct sunlight, tanning beds, well water, or argon oils (on blonde hair) are in direct and excessive contact with the different types hair extensions. To avoid discoloration, use spray sunscreen on the ends of the hair, cover hair with a hat, use water softener or a showerhead filter, or select products specially formulated for blonde hair.
- During the first week, do not pull the extensions up past the hair’s natural fall. It is recommended to wear hair in a low and loose ponytail. A low, loose ponytail is also recommended for sleeping at night.
- The buildup of any product on the base of the hair extensions will cause the silicone to break down. Avoid applying any products to the base of hair extensions, and make sure to thoroughly rinse shampoo after every washing.
Wavy Hair Extension care is easy when you follow our recommendations. For further questions please reach out to us by one of the following options: phone at 888.LOX.0110, online chat, or by submitting our contact us form.
You continue to inspire us, please be sure to #loxextensions and share your amazing transformations. For inspiration, visit LOX hair extensions’ before and after gallery on our Facebook Page! We welcome you to be part of the LOX Extensions family, join us!
Share this Post